Under the tutelage of our Resident Fellow for Research Scholarship Mrs. Amanda Melkonian has tutored every year one Humanities Member since 2014. Every Year One student must complete a university level research essay.
Normally, the Year Ones would present their findings Humanities Fair, which is held at e CCA Learning Commons.
This year, they were asked to present remotely.
In alphabetical order, here are
the 2019-2020 Year One Research Essays.
1. "Gamification of Education: What works,
and what does "work even mean?" by Josh Charat-Collins
2. "How the survival of music theory prevails in
society? by Mohana Enugurthi
3. "What is Nudge Theory?" by Sarah Golts.
4. "The Economics of a Movement" by Richard Gomez
5. "Podcast's Place in a Dynamic Learning
Environment" by Andrew Gu
6. "Smart Scales: Can they be used to help the
growing epidemic of obesity?"
by Kaley Mafong
7. "The History of Electrocunvulsive Therapy"
by Giuletta Randell
8. "Altered Images of people: Visual Media and Body Image" by Lele Zhang
9. "Heart or Mind: An Ethical study of choosing family
on Medical Surrogates" by April Zuo