Envision the Arts at Canyon Crest Academy Collaborations 2014-Present
1. Theology in Motion 2014 (Humanities and Dance)
2. EDDA 2015 (Humanities, Dance, Arts and Vocaal)
3. Discord 2016 (Humanities, Instrumental, and Arts)
4. Talisman 2017 (Humanities, Arts, Vocal, Dance and Instrumental)
5. Arabian Nights 24 Hour Reading 2019 (Humanities, Arts, Vocal, Dance and Instrumental)
6. MythFest 2020 (Every Envision Conservatory)
1. Theology in Motion
Our first collaboration between Envision Humanities and Dance Conservatories.
Theology in Motion is a symposium on the unifying elements of sacred dance. The Humanities students researched Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Christian, Islamic and Polynesian dances in which love was a unifying theme. Humanities then met with the dancers and have been collaborating on the choreography. The choreography is solely the work of these students in their inquiry into religious practice through the elements of dance. Come celebrate Valentine’s Day early! Theology in Motion: All you need is love,
2. EDDA: A Voyage into Viking History, Ancient and Modern Poetry, Music and Dance.
A collaboration between the Art, Humanities, Vocal and Dance Conservatories. 2015
3. Discord: An exploration of Politics in America 2016
A collaboration between Vocal, Humanities, and Instrumental Conservatories.
4. Talisman: An exploration of the power of symbols real of imagined.
A Collaboration between Dance, Vocal, Instrumental and Humanities
5. Arabian Nights: A full on stop continuous 26 hour reading of the entire story.
And we are finished 26 hours later!
De Gaulle and Eisenhower at Casablanca 1943 on top of the actual rug every reader spoke from during Arabian Nights.
6. MythFest A Collaboration between Dance, Arts,Instrumental, Cinema, Theater/Tech and Humanities Conservatories. 2020